Aims and philosophy of PE
As a department, we work with the students so that they . . .
- become skilful and intelligent performers;
- acquire and develop skills, performing with increasing physical competence and confidence, in a range of physical activities and contexts;
- learn how to select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas to suit activities that need different approaches and ways of thinking;
- develop their ideas in a creative way;
- set targets for themselves and compete against others, individually and as team members;
- understand what it takes to persevere, succeed and acknowledge others’ success;
- respond to a variety of challenges in a range of physical contexts and environments;
- take the initiative, lead activity and focus on improving aspects of their own performance;
- discover their own aptitudes and preferences for different activities;
- make informed decisions about the importance of exercise in their lives;
- develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.
Through the curriculum we will offer the students the opportunity to enjoy: Netball Rugby Football Hockey Basketball Swimming Gymnastics Dance Cricket, Rounders, Tennis Badminton, Athletics, Adventurous activities e.g. Orienteering.
The PE department also works in partnership with Sport Pembrokeshire through 5×60 offering a wide range of extra- curricular activities from traditional activities such as rugby and hockey to more innovative programmes delivering Surfing, Coasteering or golf. Our aim is to allow all students to engage in as wide a range of activities as possible finding the right one for them!
Mr. Phil Williams – Area of Learning Leader.
Mr. Elliot Scotcher
Mr. Matthew Davies
Miss Ria Chilcott
Mrs. Samantha Morgan
Miss Laura Peckham
Mr. Gwion Jones (WRU Hub Officer)
Mr. Wyndham Williams (AYP Officer)